Friday, December 9, 2011

Indiana University

For those of you who don't know me, here's a brief introduction. My name is Rustie. I am a freshman here at IU. I'm 18. I went to Terre Haute North Vigo High School in Terre Haute, Indiana, a small city of about 60,000 that holds ISU and is on the border of Illinois. I'm currently majoring in Political Science and International Studies with a minor in Spanish. Eventually, in a time far, far away, I want to attend law school. Yes, I agree with you. I am a glutton for punishment. Since I've become a college student, my favorite hobbies include sleeping, especially in the East Lounge at the IMU, eating, especially when the food is free, and watching, reading, or listening to any piece of literature, art, music, or movie that requires no thought whatsoever.
It's "Dead Week." For those of you who aren't students here, that means it's the week before finals. The Herman B. Wells library is full of students who are simply trying to cram in all the studying they need to do before finals start on Monday, most likely without too much success. It's also a week when many of the typical classes are cancelled so if students aren't studying, they're usually sleeping, meaning they're "dead" to the world. I know exactly how they feel.
I, fortunately, have officially made it through three full classes. I feel slightly relieved, but only slightly. More than anything, I feel tired, even more so than usual. I think that might be the natural state of being for a college student. I am looking forward to being able to go home Thursday for break when I will have no homework to complete, no final exams to study for, and no papers to write. There will only be textbooks to order and a new semester full of classes to haunt my worst nightmares, and they will have adequate opportunity to terrify me since I know exactly where I will be spending my break. It's called my bed, and even now, it's calling my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment